- The need of more provinces for Federation or Division?
- Shouldn’t Punjab government be held responsible for the deaths due to consumption of poisonous cough syrup in Punjab?
- Is Delimitation without census alone in Karachi is fair with the people of Karachi?
- Extremist Religious Groups in Pakistan Justifies: "Attack on Malala Yousuf Zai is a Reaction of Drone-attacks"
- In Quaid’s Pakistan Independence is a Responsibility not a Privilege: Are you ready to play your part?
- Do you think that the recent statement of Mr. Altaf Hussain is an eye opener for the Pakistani Nation?
ALTAF Hussain’s demand for a separate province, despite subsequent clarifications, has reignited debate on the role, status and even nomenclature of Mohajirs. Such debates take two extreme positions.
The gathering poignancy of the ongoing unrest in Baluchistan, which has recently begun to demonstrate a strident foreign dimension, has riveted the national attention on bringing peace and stability to this strategically located province of Pakistan.
Despite of the fact that Taliban continue to slaughter innocent men and women across Pakistan, PTI and Imran Khan have refused to condemn these terrorist outfits. I strongly condemn the Taliban and would like my representatives to at-least have the courage to condemn as well, hence I will not vote for PTI. MQM on the other hand is very open and clear about condemning these brutal killers. ARIF ALVI didn't!
Pakistan’s blooming population of young people is highly conservative, overwhelmingly pessimistic about the future and has a very low opinion of democracy, a study has found.
I am still unable to get rid of the terrible images of two incidents of my early life which I have been carrying in my mind for the last 40 years even living abroad since the last 20 years.
People will always find ways to spread bigotry and violence, be it through religion, nationalism, fear or political ideologies. It’s not the vehicle that is the problem, it’s the message you promote through it.
Mr. West Pakistan will be turning 65 on Tuesday. The retiree has come a long way since his birth. Unfortunately, now deathly ill, Mr. Pakistan is desperately seeking a cure for the diseases that ravage his body after years of negligence.
“The second Coming” by W. B. Yeats mirrors the declining socio-political and spiritual conditions of Ireland after World War 1, which can be applied to the decaying social and political situation of the present Pakistan. Yeats, in this poem, describes that it is the individual who is responsible for the barrenness in the country. Socio-political situation of a country reflects the inclinations of its individuals.
By Wasim Zaidi
Pakistan has one of the worst education balance sheets in the world with almost 50 million adults (80 % female), 10 million children not attending primary schools and an official literacy rate of only 38 %.