- The need of more provinces for Federation or Division?
- Shouldn’t Punjab government be held responsible for the deaths due to consumption of poisonous cough syrup in Punjab?
- Is Delimitation without census alone in Karachi is fair with the people of Karachi?
- Extremist Religious Groups in Pakistan Justifies: "Attack on Malala Yousuf Zai is a Reaction of Drone-attacks"
- In Quaid’s Pakistan Independence is a Responsibility not a Privilege: Are you ready to play your part?
- Do you think that the recent statement of Mr. Altaf Hussain is an eye opener for the Pakistani Nation?
Thu, 12/06/2012 - 20:56
During the hearing of “Karachi violence case” an honorable judge passed a comment about Karachi which was like “Delimitation in Karachi is required to break the MONOPOLY of one political party”. The use of word “Monopoly” is considered disrespectful towards those people who voted for that particular party.
If we start analyzing the constituencies in other areas of Pakistan; from the eyes of that judge we can see the monopoly by PPP in Larkana and monopoly of PMLN in Lahore. Why didn’t the Supreme Court order the Delimitation of other cities and why Karachi only? Is ordering delimitation is the job of Supreme Court? What is the constitutional process of delimitation? Didn’t we have to do the census first then delimitation?
Was it fair to ask for delimitation in just one city and using the word Monopoly for people’s mandate?